Conditions of Entry to the NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards 2017
Please note: You will need a short Biography prepared ( no more than 100 words ), an Mp3 (8mb max) file of your music and a 1MB or smaller Photo (.jpg)
what the Judges see: There are 3 judges per category who are only given your music file with it’s title. (Album of the Year, Video and production categories are different).
- You must be living in the (02) 66 telephone area code to be eligible to enter the awards.
- Songs entered must comply with the category criteria found on the “category Criteria” page so please read the descriptions carefully before entering a song in a category.
- If there are not enough entries in a category that you have entered to go ahead you will be contacted and given the choice receive a refund or if we can successfully contact you by the 9th of September 2017 we will offer you the opportunity to enter the same song into a different category that meets the criteria.
- The judges decision is final in all areas of the competition and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Covers are only acceptable in the Jazz category. All other submissions must be original compositions.
- No entrant can be signed to a recording label or have a major label release release prior to the Dolphin Awards night although an entrant may be using a distribution label at the time.
- Entries for the music video, production and album of the year category entries must supply 4 hard copies on standard discs (not rewritable). All discs are to be clearly labeled in ink with track number, song title and entrants name. (prefer no track information formatted onto disc)
- All other entries will only be accepted through upload to the website.
- The Youth category is open to entrants 19 years and under. In cases of bands, the average age of the band must not be over the age of 19 at the time of entry.
- All entries must be a maximum of 8 minutes in duration (except Album of the Year).
- All successful finalists will be notified approximately two weeks prior to the awards night.
- No entries will be returned.
- You may enter as many times as you like in a number of different categories with the proviso that all category criteria are met.
- By entering the NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards you give permission for the music and artwork you enter to be played on radio, television and on the Awards night as well as shared with affiliated music industry contacts including judges and strategic partners.
- By entering the NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards you give permission for images of the night photos & film to be used on television, the NCEIA website, NCEIA communications and shared with affiliated music industry contacts and strategic partners.