Benefits of membership
NCEIA members get
- Discounts when entering music into the NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards.
- Receive a discount on up to 5 tickets to the annual NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards Night.
- Additionally members can attend NCEIA workshops and seminars for free.
Example of a previous seminars
FREE SEMINAR “The Bu$iness of Music” hosted by Wendy Ford (the regional co-ordinator of the Australian Songwriters Association) SAT NOV 7th 10am – 2pm Upstairs at Planet Music 25 Molesworth Street Lismore.
Overview: This seminar assumes that participants are either singer-songwriters or bands with recorded songs to promote, or people interested in promotional aspects of the entertainment industry. This will be a broad overview with selected multimedia presentations and guest speakers. Participant questions will drive further content. Attendees will leave equipped with new resources and the tools to form the blueprint for a professional music business plan or strategy.
- Building the dream with focus and commitment
- Building a solid repertoire, image and style
- Preparing a pro bio, photo / video and press kit
- Jam nites, open mic’s and songwriter sessions
- Gigging and self - promotion
- Developing a professional attitude
- Using the media (social media, gig guides in paper and on radio, music sites)
- Killer websites
- Community radio
- Compilation releases like “Unearthed” (JJJ)
- Using professional and community resources (NCEIA, APRA, ASA, etc.)
- Performing and building an audience
- Avenues for income in the digital age
- Making use of opportunities (Reverbnation, Taxi, etc.)
- Publishing, management and touring
- Synchronising to film and tv
- Performing often, but selectively
- Going indie vs chasing labels
- Where to from here?