25 YEARS; 2016 will mark 25 years since the first North Coast Entertainment Industry (NCEIA), Dolphin Music Awards.
ENTRIES OPEN NOW In 2016 the Awards will again acknowledge excellence in local music over many categories, which can be found on the "Category Criteria" page of this website.
Get your original music ready to enter this special NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards with entries closing on the 7th of October for 2016.
THE RULES ARE: That you live in the (02)66 telephone area code; Your music is original and you are not signed to a label.
THE ENTRY PROCESS:
Please note: You will need a short Biography prepared ( no more than 100 words ), an Mp3 (8mb max) file of your music and a 1MB or smaller Photo (.jpg)
- Decide whether you want to become a member ~ see "membership" tab at top of page.
- Read the category criteria thoroughly by clicking on the category listing under "Dolphin Awards" tab.
- Read the rules and conditions under the "Dolphin Awards" tab.
- Purchase song credits ~ see under "my account" tab.
- Receive your Log in email.
- Log in ~ see under "My Account" tab.
- Upload your entry songs through the website ~ see under "My Account" tab. ( if album of year or production category is selected you will need to mail or drop off 4 hard copies ~ the form page will advise as to where.
- enter your Bio
- Upload your Photo
- If you have any questions check to see if it is answered on the frequently asked question page.
- If you need further assistance email us through the "contact" page.
Please note: Each credit entitles you to one entry in any category. For example, if you purchase five credits, you can select any category for each of your five entries.
- Single entry for NCEIA members – $20
- Single entry for non-members – $35
- Purchase 5 or more entries and receive 25% off the total, (to receive the full discount on all of your songs you need to purchase them in the one transaction).
Submissions close on the 7th of October 2016
You will have until 7th of October 2016 to submit any entries that you have already purchased.
All moneys raised go towards putting on the awards.
2016 NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards
NCEIA (the North Coast Entertainment Industry Association) will be holding an extra special Awards Night this year celebrating 25 years of North Coast music.
The lineup for the night is looking to be excellent with the awards on being held on Tuesday the 6th of December 2016 at the Ballina RSL Club.
Share your photos
This year we are going to produce a glossy celebratory magazine for the awards night and we are looking for photos or NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards memorabilia of the past 25 years. If you have and photos ect we have a page here on this website where you can upload them. Once we receive them they may make it into to magazine. Share a photo here!
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE www.facebook.com/DolphinMusicAwards/ to keep up to date with the latest news.
The 2015 Winners!
|Adult Contemporary||Jo Kelly||Himalaya|
|Album of the Year||Anna Free||The Unsolved Crimes|
|Alternative / Indie||Kirsten Pavlovic||You Got My Heart|
|Blues||Deidi Vine||Bad Boy Blues|
|Country||The Mid North||Undertaker|
|Female Vocal||Lucinda Gray||Well Aware|
|Folk||The Mid North||The Letter|
|Heavy & Hard||Krypt||Dance of the Dead|
|Male Vocal (Steve Gilpin Memorial Award)||Casey Barnes||Hard Times|
|Music Video||Carmen Cane||Glory Man|
|Pop||Rochelle Lees Band||Tell Me It’s Over|
|Production||Doot||Worn Out Engine|
|Protest||MT Bill & Mrs||Hole In The Head|
|Rock||Matt & Tanya Fisher||Let Me Be|
|Song of the year||Anna Free||Make You Happy|
|Urban / Hip Hop / Funk||Kellie Knight and the Daze||Everything is One|
|World / Reggae||Kellie Knight and the Daze||Humanity|
A LITTLE HISTORY - The North Coast Entertainment Industry Association was formed in 1991 by a number of enthusiastic musicians with the goal of promoting and celebrating the regions rich music and performing arts industry. The Northern Rivers boasts a wealth of musical talent, skills, expertise and academic knowledge. The industry encompasses a multitude of people involved in a range of genres.
Aims of the organisation
- To bring together and strengthen our regions music community.
- To encourage developing musicians in this region
- To acknowledge this areas talented musicians at our major event, the NCEIA Dolphin Music Awards
- To create performance opportunities for members